Requirements0-1 years of experience
Our Barbacks take pride in knowing that they play a vital role in delivering outstanding experiences and service to our guests. By maintaining systems, supplies, organization, and stock levels at the bar, they ensure service is as seamless as possible. They help the bartenders maintain cleanliness in and around the bar, and occasionally help pour and serve drinks. This is an excellent opportunity to work with, and learn from, one of the best bar teams in the city!
DRC Cultural Perks include:
- Contests with cool prizes
- Team building activities and events
- Bold and lively work environments
- The chance to work alongside an exceptional team
What you will be doing:
- Creating a positive guest experience through interaction and adherence to DRC steps of service
- Bar set-up and tear down
- Put together and take apart glasswasher
- Produce, stock and maintain all bar products including a relatively extensive mise en place
- Check, replenish, and maintain beer keg and liquor levels
- Assist in maintaining well organized and secure product storage areas
- Supporting product and supply counts and inventory, communicating low-levels to Bar Manager
- Lending assistance to the Bar Manager with product and supply inventory ordering
- Anticipate the bartender team's ongoing service needs (ex. topping up garnish trays and bar rail items, etc.)
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required by management
What we would like you to bring to the restaurant:
- EXPERIENCE. Ideal candidates will have at least one (1) year of experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment. Some bartending or barback experience considered a strong asset.
- A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. A smile means the same thing in every language.
- SOCIAL SKILLS. Customer service experience in hospitality, retail and/or food and beverage environment is a strong asset.
- THE ABILITY TO MULTITASK. You juggle tasks with ease and make it look easy.
- PROWESS. Able to safely lift and easily maneuver stock and product up to 30 pounds. Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- SOLUTION-ORIENTED. We're looking for a strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to positively impact their respective restaurant.
- FLEXIBILITY. Open and/or flexible availability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.