Requirements3 years of experience
Executive Chef Andrew Wilson and his team at Cluny Bistro are actively seeking a reliable and motivated Grill Station Chef de Partie — someone who loves cooking, takes pride in developing their craft, and wants to contribute to a high-achieving and team-oriented kitchen. If you desire to be in an environment where excellence and respect are expected, this may be the role and team for you.
Our Chef de Parties have a proven track record of cooking in a fast-paced environment and have experience assisting the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef in the daily operation and planning of the kitchen. They help implement, maintain and improve new and present standards and policies according to the Executive Chef, the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chefs.
Working in Cluny’s kitchen, you will acquire the skills, knowledge, experience, and confidence needed to advance your career while always striving to maintain high standards at a fast pace with gusto and precision.
DRC Cultural Perks include:
- Contests with cool prizes
- Team building activities and events
- Bold and lively work environments
- The chance to work alongside an exceptional team
What you will be doing:
- Following recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set out by our Executive Chef
- Preparing daily items according to instructions
- Assisting in maintaining clean and organized stations
- Assisting in cleaning food prep areas, equipment, and utensils, while strictly adhering to sanitation, food safety and hygiene guidelines
- Following FIFO (first in, first out) method to maximize freshness
- Moving food products and supplies between outlets when necessary
- Reporting any equipment/utensil malfunctions/deficiencies to Chef on duty
- Working collaboratively with BOH team members
- Following and enforcing hygiene and safety standards set by the Public Health Department and the Company
- Lead team by example to exhibit, encourage and motivate the DRC’s Values & Beliefs
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
What we would like you to bring to the kitchen:
- EXPERIENCE. Minimum three (3) years of progressive experience with at least one (1) year of Grill experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment. Supervision experience is an asset.
- EDUCATION/TRAINING. Culinary degree/diploma and/or the equivalent in education and experience is considered an asset. Must possess a Food Handlers certificate within three months of hire date.
- PASSION. A genuine passion and drive to create. Open to learning, coaching and career growth.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS. Exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING. Resilience and problem-solving with an insatiable desire to impact performance.
- ADAPTABILITY. The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- PERSONALITY. Humility coupled with a good sense of humour.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.