Requirements2 years of experience
The Distillery Restaurants Corp., creators of Cluny Bistro, El Catrin, Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill, Archeo Trattoria, Madrina Bar y Tapas, District Pizza and Distillery Events (the Fermenting Cellar and The Distillery District®- Loft) are seeking experienced and motivated hosts and hostesses with a passion for creating an exceptionally memorable food & beverage experience for every guest. The ideal candidates not only understand that exceptional guest service is at the heart of hospitality but that they are an ambassador to Toronto's unique food and beverage culture.
Under the direction of the front of house management team, you are responsible for creating a positive first impression for guests and leaving them with a lasting impression through your keen eye for detail and passion.
What you will be doing:
- Greet each guest in a friendly and welcoming manner as they enter and exit the restaurant
- Accurately take reservations and modify guest status in OpenTable
- Provide accurate wait times and monitor waiting lists
- Manage reservations to maximize seating capacity
- Communicate and coordinate with the front-of-house team members to maintain the proper guest flow throughout the restaurant
- Build relationships with guests, particularly with return guests and regulars, by learning names and preferences
- Escort guests to the assigned bar or dining area
- Cater to guests who may have special needs and/or requests
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Lead team by example to exhibit, encourage and motivate the DRC’s beliefs and core values
What we would like you to bring to the restaurant:
- EXPERIENCE. You have a year of F&B experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment and working experience with the OpenTable restaurant-reservation system. Please feel free to apply if you've held positions rooted in customer service skills.
- COMMUNICATION WIZ. You're clear and concise when it comes to verbal communicating with guests and/or fellow team members. You also have what it takes to build relationships which leads to customer loyalty.
- PROBLEM SOLVER. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and calmy resolve any conflicts.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.