Requirements3 years of experience
We’re looking for Restaurant Managers at The Distillery Restaurant Corp.
The Distillery Restaurant Corp., creators of Cluny Bistro, El Catrin, Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill, Archeo Trattoria, Madrina Bar y Tapas, District Pizza and Distillery Events (the Fermenting Cellar and The Distillery District Loft) are looking for experienced applicants with outstanding food & beverage knowledge, solid business acumen, and a drive to deliver results and bring people together. Our venues are located in the Distillery Historic District, one of Toronto's most exciting art and shopping destinations and home to some of the top-ranked restaurants of Toronto.
The Distillery Restaurants Corp. offers:
- Competitive pay and group benefits
- In-house dining perks
- Monthly cellphone allowance
- A dynamic culture that encourages and rewards the entrepreneurial spirit
- The chance to work alongside the best team in the city
What you will be doing:
- Lead by example and reinforce the DRC’s core values and policies on a daily basis;
- Maintain and contribute to a culture founded in dignity, mutual respect and passion that revolves around hospitality and the delivery of genuine service and expertly crafted food and beverage;
- Build and nurture professional relationships with guests, DRC employees, leadership, suppliers/vendors, industry peers and partners;
- Embrace, engage, and follow through on all feedback:
- taking a hands-on approach to celebrating and cascading thanks when you win;
- and delivering recovery and repair to any/all persons when the mark is missed;
- Under the guidance of the General Manager, build trust and loyalty with guests, DRC employees, leadership, suppliers/vendors, industry peers and partners alike through:
- proactive communication;
- setting and managing expectations;
- and delivering solid business results;
- Support overall operations of the restaurant with clarity, consistency, fairness and integrity;
- Perform cash and inventory reconciliation and order supplies as necessary;
- And liaise, as required, with Culinary, Customer Service, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and Executive Leadership.
What we would like you to bring to the restaurant:
- EXPERIENCE. We're looking for a candidate with at least three (3) years of progressive experience within the hospitality industry, preferably a fast-paced restaurant environment, in a supervisory or managerial role. Intermediate knowledge and understanding of business operations are considered an asset.
- PASSION. You're a true leader who aims to drive your team toward new heights and greater successes.
- TRAINING. While you're required to be Smart Serve certified, any other certifications related to mixology, wines and spirits are highly valued.
- ADAPTABILITY. You can work in fast-paced, changing environments with ease.
- SOLUTION-ORIENTED. You're a strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to positively impact the experience of our guests and restaurant reviews.
- EDUCATION. A business, hospitality or food and beverage management degree/diploma, or the equivalent in education and experience, is considered an asset.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.