Requirements1 year of experience
We’re looking for our next Supervisor at District Pizza.
The Distillery Restaurant Corp.’s fine-dining Chefs bring you a slice of perfection with District Pizza. A blend of fresh, quality ingredients and passionate pizzaiolos results in perfect pies that require no substitutions – welcome to District Pizza.
There’s just no substitute for great management, and at District Pizza – where there are no substitutions – we take the ingredients that make our ideal Supervisor very seriously. Please see a description of the perfect Supervisor below. We’re happy to have additions to this recipe but remember – no substitutions!
DRC Cultural Perks include:
- Contests with cool prizes
- Team building activities and events
- Bold and lively work environments
- The chance to work alongside an exceptional team
What you will be doing:
- Welcoming customers and delivery persons — using excellent time management, multitasking and organizational skills to accept orders, pack food and drink items and accept payments.
- Supporting customers through ordering; ensuring they are educated on our products and offerings, including new and/or seasonal items — answer questions, making recommendations, etc.
- Knowledge and information sharing as it relates to The DRC, The Distillery District, and, of course, pizza! As an enthusiastic ambassador, you help answer guest questions and make personal recommendations.
- Maintain the highest product and service standards — following all shop processes and procedures.
- Stocking and refilling inventory such as retail items, takeout containers, straws, napkins and utensils; supervise inventory levels and communicate when necessary to ensure inventory is not low or out.
- Routine cleaning and upkeep of all shop areas and equipment — reporting any issues, including potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- Keeping management well informed of any and all operational inconsistencies and/or guest complaints.
- Performing and signing off on opening and closing duties when scheduled for open or close shifts.
What we would like you to bring to the pizza shop:
- EXPERIENCE. Minimum one (1) year of hospitality experience in a comparable role. POS, and cash handling experience, coupled with basic computer skills. Food preparation experience is considered a strong asset.
- ADAPTABILITY. Our ideal candidate can work in a fast-paced, changing environment with ease.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS. A positive attitude, confidence, and strong communication skills, paired with a desire to contribute and be part of a team.
- PROWESS. Able to safely lift and easily maneuver stock and product up to 30 pounds. Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- SOLUTION-ORIENTED. We're looking for a strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to positively impact the guest experience and café environment.
- FLEXIBILITY. Open and/or flexible availability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.