Requirements1 year of experience
Inspired by Parisian cafés, which serve as a centre of social and culinary life in Paris, Cluny Bistro's adjacent boulangerie is more than the sum of its parts; it’s a neighbourhood hub, a rendezvous spot, a place to relax or to refuel. Baristas deliver the Cluny Café experience to our guests!
DRC Cultural Perks include:
- Contests with cool prizes
- Team building activities and events
- Bold and lively work environments
- The chance to work alongside an exceptional team
What you will be doing:
- Welcoming guests to the café — using excellent time management, multitasking and organizational skills to accept orders, prepare food and drink items, and receive payments.
- Ensuring that all guests are educated on our products and offerings, including new and/or seasonal items — answer questions, making recommendations, etc.
- Knowledge and information sharing as it relates to The DRC, The Distillery District and the city of Toronto at large. As an enthusiastic ambassador, you help answer guest questions and make personal recommendations.
- Maintain the highest product and service standards — following all drink and food recipe specs and procedures.
- Stocking and refilling inventory such as retail items, pastry case items, coffee cups, straws, napkins and utensils; supervise inventory levels and communicate when necessary to ensure inventory is not low or out.
- Routine cleaning, and upkeep of all café areas and equipment — reporting any issues, including potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- Keeping the manager well informed of any and all operational inconsistencies and/or guest complaints.
- Performing and signing off on opening and closing duties when scheduled for open or close shifts.
What we would like you to bring to the café:
- EXPERIENCE. Minimum one (1) year of previous barista experience. POS, and cash handling experience, coupled with basic computer skills. Food preparation experience is considered a strong asset. Must have, or be willing to obtain SmartServe certification. Wine and spirit education is considered an asset.
- ADAPTABILITY. Our ideal candidate can work in a fast-paced, changing environment with ease.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS. A positive attitude, confidence, and strong communication skills, paired with a desire to contribute and be part of a team.
- PROWESS. Able to safely lift and easily maneuver stock and product up to 30 pounds. Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- SOLUTION-ORIENTED. We're looking for a strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to positively impact the guest experience and café environment.
- FLEXIBILITY. Open and/or flexible availability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.