Requirements3 years of experience
Are you an experienced and motivated Bartender looking for your next opportunity? If so, perhaps we are the team for you.
The DRC is actively seeking experienced and motivated Bartenders – experienced industry professionals who live service standards daily and work hard to create exceptional guest experiences through genuine interaction, sincere hospitality and care.
Our Bartenders take pride in their food and beverage knowledge and continue to learn. They build relationships with their guests and are empowered to go above and beyond to deliver outstanding service. They display natural showmanship, have great communication skills and an eye for detail. Bartenders are expected to receive and fulfill orders in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining all of the DRC standards.
DRC Cultural Perks include:
- Contests with cool prizes
- Team building activities and events
- Bold and lively work environments
- The chance to work alongside an exceptional team
What you will be doing:
- Creating exceptional guest experiences by pairing genuine care with adherence to steps of service.
- Possessing complete working knowledge of all the menus and menu ingredients.
- Follow all set beverage recipe specs and procedures to ensure menu items are delivered with speed, consistency and absolute quality.
- Communicate beverage descriptions, specials, and information, to guests and team members.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs by actively listening and responding positively to guests’ questions, concerns and requests in an effort to resolve issues, delight and build trust.
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies, and accommodate accordingly.
- Keep management well informed of any and all operational inconsistencies and/or guest complaints.
- Perform and sign off on opening, closing and daily duties, including setting up and taking apart bar area and glass washer.
- Stock, maintain, secure, and organize all bar/beverage inventory, including wines, beer kegs, spirits, supplies, mise en place, etc.
- Supervise inventory levels and communicate when necessary to ensure inventory is not low or out.
- Assist in bar/beverage inventory and ordering as required.
- Routine cleaning, and upkeep of all bar/beverage areas and equipment. Reporting any issues, including potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- Correctly accepting and processing payments; providing accurate billing and supporting documents for any Credit Card(s), Gift Card(s), Gift Certificate(s), etc.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- Exhibit and encourage DRC’s Values & Beliefs.
What we would like you to bring to the restaurant:
- EXPERIENCE. Minimum three (3) years of experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
- KNOWLEDGE. Must possess basic industry, and food and beverage service knowledge, and be proficient using Point-of-Sale software. Experience using Micros experience is considered an asset.
- CERTIFICATION. Smart Serve certification is required and others, such as Prud'homme, WSET, etc. are considered an asset.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS. Exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING. Resilience and problem-solving with an insatiable desire to impact performance.
- ADAPTABILITY. The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment unfazed.
- PERSONALITY. Humility coupled with a good sense of humour.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.