Requirements5 years of experience
We’re looking for our next General Manager at Cluny Bistro & Boulangerie.
The Distillery Restaurants Corp. is seeking experienced applicants with outstanding food & beverage knowledge, solid business acumen, and a drive to deliver results and bring people together. The ideal candidate not only understands that exceptional guest service is at the heart of hospitality but they are also attuned to the pulse of Toronto's unique food and beverage culture.
Cluny is not your parents’ French bistro!
Exciting, non-pretentious menus inspired by France's modern food movement paired with vibrant music, breathtaking design, and personalized service, have made Cluny the best French restaurant in Toronto according to USA Today, Top Choice and BlogTO.
The Distillery Restaurants Corp. offers:
- Competitive pay and group benefits
- In-house dining perks
- Monthly cellphone allowance
- A dynamic culture that encourages and rewards the entrepreneurial spirit
- The chance to work alongside the best team in the city
As a General Manager, you will be expected to:
- Lead by example and reinforce the DRC’s core values and policies on a daily basis — it starts with you;
- Maintain and develop a culture founded in dignity, mutual respect and passion that revolves around hospitality and the delivery of genuine service and expertly crafted food and beverage;
- Build and nurture professional relationships with your guests, DRC employees, leadership, suppliers/vendors, industry peers and partners;
- Embrace, engage, and follow through on all feedback:
- taking a hands-on approach to celebrating and cascading thanks when you win;
- and delivering recovery and repair to any/all persons when the mark is missed;
- Build trust and loyalty with guests, DRC employees, leadership, suppliers/vendors, industry peers and partners alike through:
- proactive communication;
- setting and managing expectations;
- and delivering solid business results;
- Manage the overall operations of the restaurant with clarity, consistency, fairness and integrity;
- Ensure scheduling, in all departments, leads to efficient service while being in line with labour targets;
- Perform cash and inventory reconciliation and order supplies as necessary;
- And liaise with Culinary, Customer Service, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and Executive Leadership.
Interested? Apply today, if you are:
- Experienced. We're looking for candidates with at least five (5) years of leadership experience (3 years as a GM) within the hospitality industry, preferably in fast-paced, high-volume, upscale dining restaurant environments.
- Industry-focused. A business, hospitality or food and beverage management degree/diploma, or the equivalent in education and experience, is considered an asset. Membership in associations that support the F&B Industry is also an asset.
- Certified. While you're required to be Smart Serve certified, Mixology, Prud’homme Beer, and Sommelier certifications are highly valued.
- Numerically competent. Experience in managing a P&L statement to success, understanding food and beverage cost averages and labour controls.
- A people person. Someone who naturally possesses an affinity for superior guest service and takes the initiative to go above and beyond expectations.
- Passionate. A true leader who aims to drive their team toward new heights and greater successes.
- Self-driven. Has the ability to manage their team and their restaurant independently through a solution-oriented lens.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.