Requirements2 years of experience
Are you a Host, reservation agent or customer service representative who is looking for a new challenge? If so, perhaps we are the team for you.
DRC Hosts are experienced and motivated individuals who are passionate about guest services and naturally inclined to find ways to elevate the guest experience. Our ideal candidate is a hospitality guru who takes pride in their role and understands that the first impression, is a lasting impression.
What you will be doing:
- Greet each guest in a friendly and welcoming manner as they enter and exit the restaurant
- Accurately take reservations and modify guest status in OpenTable
- Provide accurate wait times and monitor waiting lists
- Manage reservations to maximize seating capacity
- Communicate and coordinate with the front-of-house team members to maintain the proper guest flow throughout the restaurant
- Build relationships with guests, particularly with return guests and regulars, by learning names and preferences
- Escort guests to the assigned bar or dining area
- Cater to guests who may have special needs and/or requests
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Lead team by example to exhibit, encourage and motivate the DRC’s beliefs and core values
What we would like you to bring to the restaurant:
- EXPERIENCE. Minimum two (2) years of hosting experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment. Customer service experience is also considered an asset. Any working experience with a restaurant-reservation system, preferably OpenTable, is highly valued.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS. You will be communicating via phone and in-person.
- ADAPTABILITY. Our ideal candidate can work in a fast-paced, changing environment with ease.
- EXCEPTIONAL ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS. You need to know who is where and when at all times.
- SOLUTION-ORIENTED. We're looking for a strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to positively impact the guest experience and restaurant reviews.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.