Requirements1 year of experience
Head Pastry Chef Lucas Craig, Head Baker Jason Goulet and their team are actively seeking a reliable and motivated Overnight Baker*. Someone who loves baking, takes pride in developing their craft, and wants to contribute to a high-achieving and team-oriented kitchen. If you desire to be in an environment where excellence and respect are expected, this is the role and team for you.
Our ideal baker will have a minimum of one (1) year of professional bakery experience; however, we invite recent graduates from Baking and Pastry Arts or Culinary Arts programs to also apply.
Working in Cluny’s bakery, you will acquire the skills, knowledge, experience, and confidence needed to advance your career while always striving to maintain high standards with gusto and precision.
*NOTE: Shift start time for this role is 2 am.
DRC Cultural Perks include:
- Contests with cool prizes
- Team building activities and events
- Bold and lively work environments
- The chance to work alongside an exceptional team
What you will be doing:
- Following recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set out by our Head Chefs
- Preparing daily items according to instructions
- Assisting in maintaining clean and organized stations
- Assisting in cleaning food prep areas, equipment, and utensils, while strictly adhering to sanitation, food safety and hygiene guidelines
- Following FIFO (first in, first out) method to maximize freshness
- Moving food products and supplies between outlets when necessary
- Reporting any equipment/utensil malfunctions/deficiencies to Chef on duty
- Working collaboratively with BOH team members
- Following and enforcing hygiene and safety standards set by the Public Health Department and the Company
What we would like you to bring to the kitchen:
- EXPERIENCE. Baking and Pastry Arts Program degree/diploma/certificate and/or the equivalent in education and experience.
- EDUCATION/TRAINING. Culinary degree/diploma and/or the equivalent in education and experience is considered an asset.
- FLEXIBLE AVAILABILITY. Your availability comes with little to no restrictions. You are available to work through the night and/or very early morning. (Luckily, we have great coffee!)
- PASSION. A genuine passion and drive to create. Open to learning, coaching, career growth, and fun!
- PROWESS. Able to safely lift and easily maneuver stock and product up to 40kg (90 pounds). Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- SKILL. Experience with a sheeter, viennoise and brioche, fermentation and sourdoughs. Practiced in the art and craft of French boulangerie. Professional and competent knife skills; there is a small savoury/hot kitchen component to our work.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS. Exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING. Resilience and problem-solving with an insatiable desire to impact performance.
- ADAPTABILITY. The ability to leverage time-management skills in order to effectively execute tasks in a dynamic environment.
- PERSONALITY. Humility coupled with a good sense of humour.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.