Requirements3 years of experience
Executive Chef Olivier Le Calvez and his team at El Catrin are actively seeking a reliable and motivated Senior Line Cook. Someone who loves cooking, takes pride in developing their craft, and wants to contribute to a high-achieving and team-oriented kitchen. If you desire to be in an environment where excellence and respect are expected, this is the role and team for you.
Working in El Catrin’s kitchen, you will acquire the skills, knowledge, experience, and confidence needed to advance your career while always striving to maintain high standards at a fast pace with gusto and precision.
DRC Cultural Perks include:
- Contests with cool prizes
- Team building activities and events
- Bold and lively work environments
- The chance to work alongside an exceptional team
What you will be doing:
- Following recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set out by our Executive Chef
- Preparing daily items according to instructions
- Assisting in maintaining clean and organized stations
- Assisting in cleaning food prep areas, equipment, and utensils, while strictly adhering to sanitation, food safety and hygiene guidelines
- Following FIFO (first in, first out) method to maximize freshness
- Moving food products and supplies between outlets when necessary
- Reporting any equipment/utensil malfunctions/deficiencies to Chef on duty
- Working collaboratively with BOH team members
- Following and enforcing hygiene and safety standards set by the Public Health Department and the Company
- Lead team by example to exhibit, encourage and motivate the DRC’s Values & Beliefs
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
What we would like you to bring to the kitchen:
- EXPERIENCE. Minimum three (3) years of progressive experience with at least one (1) year of Senior Line or Grill experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
- EDUCATION/TRAINING. Culinary degree/diploma and/or the equivalent in education and experience is considered an asset.
- PASSION. A genuine passion and drive to create. Open to learning, coaching and career growth.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS. Exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING. Resilience and problem-solving with an insatiable desire to impact performance.
- ADAPTABILITY. The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- PERSONALITY. Humility coupled with a good sense of humour.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.