Requirements4 years of experience
Are you an experienced and motivated Server looking for your next opportunity? If so, perhaps we are the team for you.
The DRC is actively seeking experienced and motivated Servers – experienced industry professionals who live service standards daily and work hard to create exceptional guest experiences through genuine interaction, sincere hospitality and care.
Our Servers are experts in their respective restaurant’s menus. By adhering to the steps of service they answer questions, provide recommendations and create a positive guest experience. Servers maintain a clean section and monitor food quality to ensure all items are held to the restaurant’s presentation standards. Through knowledge, accuracy and efficiency our Servers provide the utmost satisfaction to our guests.
DRC Cultural Perks include:
- Contests with cool prizes
- Team building activities and events
- Bold and lively work environments
- The chance to work alongside an exceptional team
What you will be doing:
- Create exceptional guest experiences through interaction and adherence to the steps of service
- Be knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations
- Ensure accuracy when entering information into the Micros POS system
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Monitor the cleanliness of section and ensure all materials and areas are clean and free from clutter
- Ensure tables are ready for guests before they are seated
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies
- Complete opening, closing and side-duties efficiently and safely
- Anticipate guests’ service needs by actively listening and responding positively to guests’ questions, concerns and requests in an effort to resolve issues, delight and build trust
- Communicate to all Managers any comments or information provided by guests to ensure a positive, memorable experience
- Lead team by example to exhibit, encourage and motivate DRC’s Values & Beliefs
What we would like you to bring to the restaurant:
- EXPERIENCE. Minimum four (4) years of experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
- KNOWLEDGE. Must possess basic industry, and food and beverage service knowledge, and be proficient using Point-of-Sale software. Experience using Micros experience is considered an asset.
- CERTIFICATION. Smart Serve certification is required and others, such as Prud'homme, WSET, etc. are considered an asset.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS. Exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING. Resilience and problem-solving with an insatiable desire to impact performance.
- ADAPTABILITY. The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment unfazed.
- PERSONALITY. Humility coupled with a good sense of humour.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.