Requirements0-1 years of experience
Our Support Staff provide essential assistance to the Front Of House team by inspecting all tables for the proper mise en place, cleanliness and completeness. They practice a high level of floor awareness and have exceptional knowledge of all food and beverage items. Support Staff help with food running as well as monitor food quality to ensure restaurant presentation and quality standards.
DRC Cultural Perks include:
- Contests with cool prizes
- Team building activities and events
- Bold and lively work environments
- The chance to work alongside an exceptional team
What you will be doing:
- Assisting with food running, ensuring that plates arrive at the proper guest (no auctioning off)
- Inspecting all tables for proper mise en place, cleanliness and completeness
- Communicating with servers and hosts to maximize seating and ensure success
- Practicing a high level of floor awareness and clear/clean as required
- Monitoring food quality and presentation standards
- Following all food safety standards and systems
- Communicating to all servers any comments or information provided by guests to ensure a positive, memorable experience
- Answering questions about food, beverages, wine and other restaurant functions and services when necessary
- Leading team by example to exhibit, encourage the DRC’s core values
What we would like you to bring to the restaurant:
- EXPERIENCE. Minimum one (1) year experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment is preferred but not required as training will be provided.
- A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. A smile means the same thing in every language.
- SOCIAL SKILLS. Customer service experience in hospitality, retail and/or food and beverage environment is a strong asset.
- THE ABILITY TO MULTITASK. You juggle tasks with ease and make it look easy.
- PROWESS. Able to safely lift and easily maneuver stock and product up to 30 pounds. Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- SOLUTION-ORIENTED. We're looking for a strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to positively impact their respective restaurant.
- FLEXIBILITY. Open and/or flexible availability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.